The short version:
By subscribing, you confirm you have read and give your consent to the following:
When you subscribe to my newsletter, I (that is Chris Chelser/Azera Publishing) only collect your email address for the sole purpose of sending you updates about my books or book launches.
I only share your email address with parties who manage the database for me and who allow me to send the emails to you. I keep those parties to an absolute minimum (currently, there are only 2, MailChimp and Upviral). The only other reason I would ever share your details is when I’m required to do so by law or by court order, however unlikely it is that this might ever happen.
As a subscriber, you have the express right to review your data, update it or remove it permanently by unsubscribing. You have the right to complain, and to speak to an actual person (which I am). I will respond asap, but at least within a month.
If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Now for the full legal works:
The only private individuals involved with Azera Publishing are people who have subscribed to the email new letter.
Article 2 – Data and documents kept on record
Of the individuals mentioned in Article 1, the following data and documents are kept on record by Azera Publishing:
- Email address
Article 3 – Purpose of collecting data
The data and documents mentioned under Article 2 are collected for the sole purpose of informing the individuals mentions in Article 1 about writing progress, blog posts and other news concerning the (upcoming) publications and marketing efforts of Azera Publishing.
Article 4 – Storage and retention of data
The data are recorded and stored securely by dedicated third parties mentioned in Article 6. The records are not separately stored or retained in any way by Azera Publishing. Upon unsubscribing, Azera Publishing has no access to the removed data.
Article 5 – Rights of the Individual
The individuals of whom the data and documents mentioned under Article 2 are kept on record have the following rights:
- The right to review their data and records upon their request;
- The right to rectify or complete data;
- The right to have any extraneous data removed from Azera Publishing’s records;
- The right to object to how these records are handled by Azera Publishing;
- The right to have their data be permanently removed from Azera Publishing’s records upon their request;
- The right for this data to be transferred to any party the individual appoints upon the individual’s request;
- The right to request that a living person supervises any or all of the above.
Article 6 – Sharing Data
The data and documents mentioned under Article 2 are only shared for database maintenance and sending the email newsletter. These parties are as of this date:
- MailChimp – collection and database management, email server
- UpViral.com – collection for MailChimp database (medium only, no data retention), email server
Full information on these parties and their terms is available from Azera Publishing at all times. Any changes in this list will be documented.
Article 7 – Azera Publishing privacy protocols
To assure the careful and secure handling of the data, Azera Publishing maintains the following protocols:
- For the purpose of the GDPR legislation, the officer in charge of adherence to this law as well as the internal protocols is director/owner Christel Vogels-Jansen.
- Beyond the parties referred to in Article 6, Azera Publishing will not share any of the data or records referred to in Article 2 with any other party unless required to do so by law or court order.
- Any complaints or requests concerning the rights mentioned in Article 5 can be filed with the officer at email@example.com, who will respond as soon as possible, but within 1 month.
Article 8 – Consent
- All individuals intending to subscribe are invited to read this document before submitting their data (Art. 1) to the database (Art. 6) and are aware of their rights (Art. 5).
- By submitting their data and subscribing to the email newsletter of Chris Chelser/Azera Publishing, the individual confirms to have read these policies and agrees on all Articles therein.
- All subscribers can unsubscribe at any time, either by means of the unsubscribe link provided in every email send to subscribers or by contacting Azera’s officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Chelser / Azera Publishing
att: Christel Vogels-Jansen
De Regge 34
NL-5626 GZ Netherlands